Monday 10 August 2009

Update on the radio fit

I have now got the radio fitted and interfaced with the Flycom Focus EFIS. The wiring diagram is as follows:

The alert messages come through the headsets still as they are still using the Flycom Focus intercom. The radio works well apart from some interference from the aircraft electrics.
To overcome this interference, I wanted to wire the power wire to the DB-15 plug on the Flycom so that there is a clean supply, but I cannot get any information on the Flycom Focus. The Aircreation factory tell me that Flycom is no longer trading and they have no wiring diagrams for the Flycom.
They also tell me that they will not need to worry about this combination as the Flycom will no longer be fitted to new aircraft.
I tried to find out where the facory fit Filser radio gets its power from, but that is proving elusive. If anyone out there has a Filser with the Flycom, could you please look at it and see where the power supply for the radio comes from, the Flycom or the fusebox.
Update 12 Aug: Aircreation have confirmed that when radios (normally Filser) were fitted at the factory, the power for the radio is taken direct from the Flycom. I will therefore sort out which pins on the Flycom plug will supply 12 volts and update the wiring diagram in the future.

No comments: