Wednesday 22 October 2008

Oil cooler modification kit

I have now received the price list for the kit from the factory. The total cost of all the bits to fit myself comes to 236.72 euro. I phoned this morning and ordered it.
As the oil temperature is a known problem with some Tanargs, I think that this kit should have been a bit cheaper, but there is nothing I can do about that, it has to be fitted like it or not.
I will make a photo blog of the kit fitting for all to see when it arrives.
The other Tanarg problem looks like it will never be sorted. That is the Flycom Focus dashboard. I have the latest software update from AirCreation but my Flycom will not update as it should. The problem with the Flycom is that it never remembers the time and needs to be re-set every time it is switched on. The other problem is that it can switch itself off in flight. This means that I loose all instruments until I re-set it. That is one reason why the Enigma dashboard mentioned in an earlier post is so appealing.

No comments: